Saturday, January 16, 2010

Retirement Homes In South Carolina Retirement In Hollywood Films????

Retirement in hollywood films???? - retirement homes in south carolina

Ok, so I make this presentation in my "theories of aging class," and I have examined the differences in retirement. A clip is very good, show it in class, but I can not think of movies currently in scenes such as retirement.

I want to show how elegant some seniors living in retirement communities ... Vacation, or to access the southern half of the year ... and others who receive the end of the stick of shit ... and imprisoned in filthy apt. or real estate.

Please help!

1 comments:

MystMoon... said...

Some of them are exposed in their homes or dealing with the elderly:
Cocoon
In Her Shoes
The Notebook
Driving Miss Daisy
On Golden Pond
If you remember me (1990 TV) ~ In this, have a child with DM living in a nursing home and, if I remember right, lead a better defense.
~ Kotch is excellent, with Walter Matthau in the title role. Strangely, it is a successful film, especially among baby boomers. I think the question was at least nominated for an Oscar: "Life Is What You Make It".
Harry and Tonto ~ This is another excellent film, with Art Carney and his cat companions on the road.
The Exorcist ~ Scattered through the scenes with the father, mother Karas try to stay at home and is institutionalized.
Awakenings
Mr. Belvedere Rings Bell
Gideon
Away From Her
Sanctuary (2002)
* Does not include batteries ~ A Film by Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn made after the success of "Cocoon".
The Wendell Baker Story
Fried Green Tomatoes
GoingStyle
The Sunshine Boys
Grumpy Old Men
Gurmpier Old Men
Harold and Maude
My Fellow Americans ~ Past Presidents
White Chistmas ~ even a song about trying to retire when both artists, will help a former commander in chief, even then, it was rather cheesy. Irving Berlin's song is something like "What can you do with a general?".
Requiem for a Dream ~ Attention! This film is terrible, but Ellen Burstyn performance is astonishing. It is the strongest anti-drug movie I've ever seen. Her character is addicted to prescription drugs for weight loss.

I hope to help some of them. I'll see what else comes to mind, as I'm sure there are many films that show the retired and elderly people in various stages of life.

Post a Comment